Reports To: General Manager
Job Purpose: Directly supervises all front office staff and ensures that all front office duties are properly executed and completed. Directs and coordinates the activities of the front desk, reservations, guest services and PBX.
Job Summary: Responsible for assisting with recruiting, hiring, developing, training, and motivating Guest Services (Front Office) staff. Participates and assists the Assistant General Manager and/or General Manager in the development of Guest Services goals to achieve operational and company/brand objectives. Properly managing monthly departmental expenses in order to achieve forecasted profits; ensuring that the hotel guest receives the room type and/or package reserved; communicating any safety related information to the staff; and any other guest services related efforts as identified by the management team of the hotel.
- Manages and supervises the Guest Services (Front Office) department which includes the Front Desk, Reservations, and PBX (if applicable).
- Wears the proper uniform or business attire at all times along with name tag and enforces the same with the staff. Uniform and appearance must be professional and neat at all times.
- Participates in staff recruiting, hiring, training, development, scheduling, coaching & counseling / employee disciplinary action, 90-day and annual performance evaluations, and succession planning in order to build depth and strength within the department.
- Ensures that all Guest Services (Front Office) employees are following the policies and procedures of the hotel as well as any job duties identified in their respective job descriptions.
- Focus on achieving the financial and operational goals & objectives of the Guest Services department ensuring that the appropriate staffing guidelines are followed and met. Uses a checkbook process as requested by the AGM or GM, if applicable, in order to control department related expenses per budget guidelines.
- Participates in the forecasting process (i.e. 10-day, monthly and quarterly).
- Properly communicate and maintain strong working relationship with all departments.
- Ensures that a communication log book is maintained in Guest Services to ensure that all pertinent information is passed along to each shift.
- Conducts and/or participates in regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
- Ensures and verifies that all Guest Service Agent shift banks and deposits are properly counted and completed daily.
- Enforces all cash handling, check cashing and credit policies.
- Monitors and maintains master key control.
- Ensures that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated to the management team of the hotel.
- Reviews and completes daily credit limit report.
- Maintains and monitors group pick-ups releasing any remaining uncommitted group rooms by the cut-off date. Communicates this information to the GM, AGM and Sales & Marketing Manager.
- Focuses on achieving the brand’s customer service and quality assurance standards (goals) within the department and ensure that such goals are communicated to the Guest Services staff.
- Properly train and empower Guest Service (Front Desk) Agents to resolve any guest issues or problems that may arise in order to achieve Guest Satisfaction goals. Personally resolves guest related issues or problems quickly, efficiently and courteously.
- Follow the hotel’s safety and emergency action plan process and procedures in order to maintain a safe work environment and ensure that the Guest Services staff does the same. Ensure that Guest Services staff attends all safety related training as required by the brand and/or S & L Hospitality.
- Ensure that the appropriate MSDS binders are maintained within the department, if required.
- Participates in the development of action plans as requested by the AGM or GM, if applicable.
- Be approachable
- Be “hands on”
- Be an Ambassador of the company
- Lead by Example
- Any other duties or tasks as assigned by the AGM or GM.
- Previous Guest Services experience or minimum of one year of hotel industry related work experience or extensive experience in the entertainment industry or other service industries is preferred.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively and professionally deal with hotel guests, general public and hotel employees.
- Ability to effectively handle guest and/or employee conflict resolution.
- Ability to establish and build rapport with guests and/or hotel employees.
- Must posses the ability to inspire and motivate employees to work together as a team as well as fostering empowerment within the department.
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs. frequently
- Ability to sit and/or stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- Requires finger dexterity, grasping, writing, and repetitive motions.