Reports To: General Manager, Assistant General Manager
Job Purpose: Responsible for the proper upkeep and maintenance of the entire hotel including but not limited to: all guest rooms; all public areas; all back of house areas; all hotel equipment; guest room and public area HVAC; elevator(s); indoor swimming pool, equipment and water chemistry; all electrical; all plumbing; exterior building; and grounds.
Job Summary: Responsible for the day to day preventative maintenance and any necessary repairs needed within the hotel in order to keep the overall hotel product in good working order and of the highest quality standard.
- Work closely with hotel General Manager, Assistant General Manager and Housekeeping Manager on a daily basis to address any work orders, hotel repairs or special projects needing maintenance attention.
- Work on an ongoing Preventative Maintenance (PM) program (i.e. room care program, hotel equipment, public area, HVAC’s, etc.) within the hotel as identified or requested by the hotel General Manager. Keep and maintain written log or records of all PM related action items.
- Respond immediately to all “guest related” maintenance calls and/or repairs in order to ensure the highest level of customer service and the highest quality of product standards. Must maintain or acquire the required parts and/or materials necessary to complete the appropriate and necessary repairs.
- Focus on achieving guest satisfaction and customer service goals within the department as required by S & L Hospitality and the brand.
- Maintain the appropriate indoor pool water chemistry as required by the local and/or state health department following all required safety practices and procedures. Maintain logs as required.
- Ensure that all quarterly, semi-annual or annual maintenance related inspections (i.e. life safety, backflow devices, elevators, etc.) are performed in order to meet any permit or licensing requirements by the appropriate governing authority.
- Solicit qualified and/or licensed contractors for any repairs requiring specialized expertise or licensing, as needed or requested by the hotel General Manager. Advance approval by the hotel General Manager will be required for all expenditures of this nature.
- Personally adhere to all policies and procedures as identified within the employee handbook and management company guidelines. Maintains overall “Confidentiality” of information as it relates to the Sleep Inn & Suites, S&L Hospitality and ownership.
- Follow all OSHA standards and maintain up-to-date MSDS binder for all chemicals used within the department.
- Participate in quarterly Safety Committee meeting as requested by the hotel General Manager. Immediately follow up on any safety related items identified needing maintenance attention or repair(s).
- Follow all safety and security related guidelines and practices as required by S&L Hospitality and the brand. Participate in any safety related training programs throughout the year (i.e. HazCom, Blood Borne Pathogens, Emergency Evacuation, etc.) as requested by the General Manager or Corporate Human Resources & Benefits Director.
- Be approachable
- Be “hands on”. Lead by example.
- Be an Ambassador of the company
- Any other duties, responsibilities or special assignments as requested by the General Manager.
- Must possess good overall technical, mechanical and maintenance skills in order to effectively troubleshoot, identify and/or repair hotel product deficiencies.
- Must possess strong time management skills and good common sense.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must maintain good accurate logs and/or records as required or requested by the General Manager and/or governing authority.
- Must be flexible and willing to respond to any emergency related maintenance issue and/or repairs.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, as needed.
- Ability to bend and lift up to 50 lbs. often
- Ability to bend and lift up to 100 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to work long hours, as needed (i.e. emergency repairs)